I've been meaning to post this for a while. Since I'm still sick and probably shouldn't drink, we'll consider this a "Best Of" post.
Carey and I and some friends from work made the short trip to Tyranena to try some brews and do the brewery tour.
The tour was fun. The tour guide was the stoner assistant brewer. Two highlights. At the end of the tour, he pulled a growler out of the fridge. In the growler was The Devil Made Me Do It Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Porter bourbon barrel run-off. By this, I mean, that it was the stuff right out of the bourbon barrel for Tyranena's next Brewer's Gone Wild Series that is currently aging. The taste was very interesting. It was very strong and had virtually no carbonation. It was good and I can't wait for the real deal to come out.
Highlight number two would make Barry proud. At most brewery tours, they'll let you taste the barley. This one was the first tour where they let us tastes the hops. I tried a pressed Amarillo hop pellet. The taste was unbelievably strong...so much that every beer for the rest of the day tasted hoppy.
Many, many beers were consumed. Of what I can remember...
Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter - This one is top notch. Smells like rye bread and vanilla and tastes the same with nice hops.
Chief Blackhawk Porter - A good standard porter. I've probably reviewed it before.
Bitter Woman IPA
Pretty Damn Black Stout - This one was also very good. It is not a imperial stout, but it had a good roasted malt taste and some good hops. I've decided that I only like stouts that are hoppy, which is a strange realization for me.
4 comments:
The Rye Porter is indeed FANTASTIC
Again with the rye....
The dirty old man rye is a great name.
The best part of the dirty old man name is that I was there with two male friends from work and Carey and got to order "3 Dirty Old Men and a Bitter Woman" Only at Tyranena!
Post a Comment