Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Second in a Trilogy gets no respect


Moylan's Double IPA brings me a step up the ladder from their IPA, but a rung below possibly the most anticipated and well named of the series, Hopsickle, which is an Imperial. I've waited all week for this, and I'm not overly impressed. Beautiful coppery cloudy pour, has that know-it-when-you-smell-it Imperial smell, tastes malty and hoppy but in an unbalanced sort of way. Much like Pete, the body is lacking. Expected more.

4/5

* Note - as a teacher I take my rating and multiply it by two to get a percentage. Therefore this 4 is, on my scale, a B-

3 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

I thought Double IPA's and Imperial IPA's were the same thing...is that not the case? What a crazy world we live in.

Barry said...

What a time to be alive

피터 said...

I just now noticed the 'dig'. Your body is bad too.