Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tyranena is hands down the best brewery in Wisconsin

Tyranena Devil Over a Barrel Imperial Oatmeal Porter Brewed with Coffee Beans and Aged in Bourbon Barrels - Longest beer name ever and by far their best offering to date. Tyranena's Brewers Gone Wild series are the most exciting and best beers in Wisconsin in my estimation. Better than New Glarus, although New Glarus is good. This one is the single best porter I've ever had. The coffee flavors are obvious and very tasty. The bourbon barrel flavors are present, but not overpowering. Smooth as silk...I think I could drink 40 of these. If you think you don't like coffee beers, then you should try this before passing judgment. I think this might be a perfect beer...perhaps not quite perfect, but damn close. 4.9/5

7 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

Please bring many of these in June. Ummmmm, perfect beer....

milwaukeeclassic said...

I'm going to have to buy another 4 pack before Beerfest as this one will not last that long.

milwaukeeclassic said...

Following it up with a Hop Whore, which is still phenomenal. If I was on a desert island, I would want Brewers Gone Wild beers as my sustenance.

Barry said...

Hard to argue Duane, I very much like their beers. Your rating has me much interested. Did you also say you had Imperial Weizen, or should I buy some for Beerfest? Also, do you want to go down to see Chris on Wednesday the 11th and stay til Sunday?

milwaukeeclassic said...

I got a 4 pack of the Imperial Weizen for Beerfest. I've bought waaaaaay too much beer for Beerfest.

Barry said...

What about the timeline for visiting?

Chris Ferguson said...

Did you say "come on Wednesday, leave when there is no more beer available in Bloomington?" Sounds good to me.