Well, I found out tonight that I've been needlessly avoiding pretty good beer the last 4 years. Turns out the Bloomington Brewing Company is solid, and not to be confused with my LONGTIME nemesis the Bluegrass Brewing Company which consistently suckers me back in time and time again to buying sucky beers. I mean, when you put a giant bear on a tripel and name it Mephistopheles Metamorphosis you expect it to be good...don't make that mistake. Their Homewrecker double IPA is also dreadful as is their imperial stout. But, enough about Bluegrass, this is a Bloomington BC post.
Katie got a sampler, so we got to try everything they had on tap today. Next week is the debut of their Belgian, so I'll probably go back and pick up a growler then. We had: Quarryman Pale Ale, Ruby Bloom Amber, Big Stone Stout, Java Porter, and B-town Brown. In addition, I had a pint of the Quarryman. My assessment is as follows:
The Stout was kind of average but good...Guiness-y. The Ruby Amber was surprisingly really good, especially since I don't usually like Ambers that much. The Brown was also good, but not what I was in the mood for. My favorite was the Quarryman which was a nice light, summer-backyard-hot-day pounding beer. Reminiscent of a good Sposborth APA. I'll be getting us a growler of that for sure. The Java Porter was pretty gross and I think I'll be taking a Porter break for the foreseeable future.
No comments:
Post a Comment