Monday, March 17, 2008

Silly Rye Guy





So, rye is the flavor of the week. What's the soup d'jour? Ah, that's the soup of the day. That sounds nice, I'll have that. Anyways, after my rye porter this weekend, it's on to Founder's (very underrated Michigan brewery thanks to Bell's) Red Rye. Deep, cloudy red pour with an even half inch head that remains throughout the beer. Hops very noticeable on the pour. Deep sips leaves dry, bitter, tongue numbing sensation of rye (still underappreciated) both upfront and in the aftertaste. Hops present but not overwhelming. Malty backbone with notes of caramel and sweet slickness. Very drinkable. Biggest drawback is that red beers suck, and there's a bit of red here. Tasty. I'm giving the hops and rye the benefit of the doubt.
4.2/5

2 comments:

피터 said...

That is a/those are several creepy picture(s), but I admire your adventurous tasting. I'm back on the Imp stout train tonight, drinking the local, Otto's.

Micro-homebrewing will commence this weekend.

How does one taste Rye in the beer?

피터 said...

I'm in agreement. Just had one tonight - 7/16/2008.