Sunday, March 16, 2008

Trip to Tyranena

God lord! Tyranena's Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter aged in Bourbon Oak Barrels is silly smooth, combining all that is good in a porter, chocolate, vanilla, and a slight burnt taste, with the bitter, unmistakable taste of rye, which is vastly underrated. Combine these flavors with the taste of bourbon, and you have yourself one of the finest porters I have ever tasted. Deep black in color, with a minimal, pillowy white head, this beer is eminently chuggable, despite it's complexity. Damn straight Tyranenea. 4.4/5

Just to keep this hoppy, Warrior IPA from Left Handed tastes of clean hops (harvested once a year) and deep caramel notes. Also sluggable, but I prefer IPA's that reek more of citrusy, aromatic hops, than their caramel counterparts. Very tasty, but not elite. 4.1/5

1 comment:

피터 said...

I went to their brewery a few years back. Great beer. I remember the bourbon beer being good.