Brugge has to be one of the more pleasant places in the world. It is like walking through
an outdoor museum. The weather was just ok, but the beers were good.
The following were had, mostly in our room, because we were tired from travelling:
la trappe tripel - This one was pretty good, but nothing special
girardin oude gueuze - This one was quite good. Much better than the Cantillon Gueuze. Tangy, lemony and good
cantillon kriek - This was also good, but so tart. We have a 750 ml bottle and it took forever to drink because it was so tart (not as long as it would take for me to drink an Old Raspy though)
st feuillien tripel - This one was outstanding. This is a tripel even Barry would like. It wasn't super sweet and have a little hop flavor instead of that typical sweetness. Awesome.
kapittel prior - Totally gross. It had some funky taste to it that I really didn't like, but I could never figure out what it was. Drain pour.
grottenbier - This is another beer made by Sint Bernardus. It was a brownish medium strength ale. It had a good earthy taste, even though it was only 6.5 abv
struise pannepot - I think I've reviewed this one before. I do not have enough good things to say about this beer. Almost perfect. My third favorite beer of the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment