Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sposborth Wheat

Well. It's hard to rate one's own beer... badly. But I'm not sold on the Sposborth Wheat. The recipe may need adjustment. There is a strong out of place flavor. Imagine you put a slice of lemon in an amber wheat. Fine. But now imagine squeezing an entire lemon into an amber wheat and that is what this tastes like. I don't dislike it. For example the mouthfeel is soft, the carbonation is spot on and the alcohol level is high. Moreover there is no detectable 'homebrew flavor', and so I think we did it right, but I will wait until BBF (Bloomington Beer Fest) to hear your experienced opinions.

To me it is a very weird flavor, one that you only want occasionally, not unlike that smoked Rogue beer which tastes like a son of bacon/smoked cheddar.

1 comment:

Chris Ferguson said...

Sposborth Summer Shandy?