Ommegang Abbey Ale Dubbel. First word of advice...beware opening this. The cork had the power of a champaign bottle and I feel half deaf from the POP when it came out. The flavor reminds me of walnuts. I would say overall, this was my most disappointing beer yet. I wasn't at all impressed with this, and it was a struggle to get the whole thing down (although the "whole thing" was a 750ml bottle). I could give you various buzzwords for descriptions, but the bottom line was that I just didn't like this. Strike two for Ommegang. Three Phils=gross according to brewmaster Spaeth. Abbey Ale = drinkable but not enjoyable according to me. 1.8/5. A disappointing beer day in Bloomington, but at least the movie was good. I'm now pumped up for Friday.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Cork Explosion
Ommegang Abbey Ale Dubbel. First word of advice...beware opening this. The cork had the power of a champaign bottle and I feel half deaf from the POP when it came out. The flavor reminds me of walnuts. I would say overall, this was my most disappointing beer yet. I wasn't at all impressed with this, and it was a struggle to get the whole thing down (although the "whole thing" was a 750ml bottle). I could give you various buzzwords for descriptions, but the bottom line was that I just didn't like this. Strike two for Ommegang. Three Phils=gross according to brewmaster Spaeth. Abbey Ale = drinkable but not enjoyable according to me. 1.8/5. A disappointing beer day in Bloomington, but at least the movie was good. I'm now pumped up for Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The makers of Ommmmmegang should be in a shame spiral. Their product isn't good.
Unfortunate. I enjoy Ommegang, and I feel this may be their best. Is it possible you got a bad bottle?
It is certainly possible, especially given the bizarre amount of carbonation power that seemed to pop the cork. I suppose it's either that or you have horrible taste.
Post a Comment