Got two Great Divide beers the other day to see if it was worth hitting their brewery in a few weeks when I'll be in Denver for a conference. I think it will definitely be worth it. Both were very good. The first was a Denver Pale Ale which I guess is actually an english pale ale, but tasted a lot like an APA to me. Very tasty. I could see myself taking down quite a few of these on a nice summer day. Very refreshing, good flavor, good beer. 3.9/5.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Great Divide Pale Showdown
Got two Great Divide beers the other day to see if it was worth hitting their brewery in a few weeks when I'll be in Denver for a conference. I think it will definitely be worth it. Both were very good. The first was a Denver Pale Ale which I guess is actually an english pale ale, but tasted a lot like an APA to me. Very tasty. I could see myself taking down quite a few of these on a nice summer day. Very refreshing, good flavor, good beer. 3.9/5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've never liked Great Divide. I used to buy them all the time at Brennan's (and I do miss Brennan's.... much better than Trader Joe's) where I first found the mix/match 6 pack.
Not to sound like mr. negative, but I'm glad there are no Great Divide brews for sale in Centre County, PA. (Yes, that is how they spell it, but in their defense, this county is probably olde.)
This is becoming a long comment, but if there is a good Colorado beer, I haven't tried it.
Not a fan huh? Which ones do you think you've tried before? I still think I'm going to go to the Brewery and get some limited ed Oak barrel beers.
I think Avery is the best colorado beer I've had so far...Breckenridge tends to be bad, although I keep buying them because I like their labels.
I have a Cincinnati beer I'm saving for opening day.
The Boulder Beer (Mojo Risin' IPA) I had the other day was pretty good too. Come to think of it, I'm getting a lot of Colorado beers lately.
Post a Comment