Well, the first of the batch is a bit of a letdown. The picture of the grim reaper holding a mailbox had me intrigued, but this isn't really one of my favorites: Dark Horse Sapient Trip Ale. Kind of run-of-the-mill Belgian Trippel. My complaints are the noticeable alcohol taste and overly spiced flavor. The ratebeer description mentions cloves, and that is a pretty prominent feature to the taste. It is also oddly dry...almost in the way a wine might be. I wouldn't reach for this if I'd just exercised. Overall, a decent beer but not anything to run out and pick up. 2.5/5 overall, and 1.5/5 for Trippels.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Meh
Well, the first of the batch is a bit of a letdown. The picture of the grim reaper holding a mailbox had me intrigued, but this isn't really one of my favorites: Dark Horse Sapient Trip Ale. Kind of run-of-the-mill Belgian Trippel. My complaints are the noticeable alcohol taste and overly spiced flavor. The ratebeer description mentions cloves, and that is a pretty prominent feature to the taste. It is also oddly dry...almost in the way a wine might be. I wouldn't reach for this if I'd just exercised. Overall, a decent beer but not anything to run out and pick up. 2.5/5 overall, and 1.5/5 for Trippels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm going to make a mead before Bloomington Golf and Beer Fest.
Post a Comment