Friday, March 14, 2008

New Stock-up day


Lots of exciting new selections in B-town. Barry will be proud that my next set of reviews is set to be very IPA-centric. I've also managed to sneak in some Belgians for Duane, some honey beer for Pete, and some Oaked beers for me. Lots of Colorado beers to be had, and new entries from New Holland and Clipper City which I have been liking lately. Also on the menu for tonight is some homemade chili. Happy Friday to all.

17 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

Unpurchased today because I went over my limit but sure to be featured at Southdowns Beer Fest is Red Tail Hawk Ale which I saw today. Beware!

피터 said...

I'm going to make a covert op to your fridge and 'acquire' the hopslam.

Carey said...

I miss your chili.

Chris Ferguson said...

Thanks Carey! I'll come up and make you guys a batch sometime soon.

Barry said...

Chris, what a beautiful Friday. I purchased a six pack of Hopslam with the hope of hanging on to it. This sems highly unlikely. I am still uncertain as to whether beer should go from refrigerated to stored and then back to the fridge. Any thoughts? Happy Friday to all. Alos an IPA will be reviewed this evening.

Barry said...

Chris, did you happen to buy Left Handed's Warrior IPA? If so, it would be cool to rate em' on the same night.

Chris Ferguson said...

Sadly I did not but I'll add it to the shopping list for the next trip. I think I saw it today.

피터 said...

Barry,

I'll make a bet with you. Leave the hopslam in the fridge, and if you're able to save even one by the time of SBF, I'll buy you a case of beer. But if you drink them all, you have to buy me a case.

(I don't think there are ill affects to storing beer warm, even if it's been cold.)

Chris Ferguson said...

I'm going to try to save some of my hopslams also, but I fear they are already in mortal danger.

Barry said...

I don't think that's a bet that you are truly willing to make, Pete

Barry said...

Chris, what's the wax-topped bomber in the back?

Chris Ferguson said...

It's actually foil, and is an Avery Czar Imp Stout.

I do have a wax top Behemouth Barley wine from floyds though, although it is as of yet unpictured.

피터 said...

Barry,

I never kid. An equally good bet: the loser must make a case of beer for the winner.

Barry said...

Deal

Barry said...

I look forward to you purchasing all my beer at Beerfest. Free sploogeborth and hoppy bombers. What a time to be alive.

Chris Ferguson said...

5/6 slams remain in my house so far...I will keep you apprised.

피터 said...

Sure seems like a good night for a Hopslam. I'm sure you can pick some more up tomorrow.