Finally cracked the wax off the 3 Floyd's Behemoth (2008 edition) last night. Still haven't decided how I feel about it. Definitely not suffering from a lack of flavor...there are about 2 dozen flavors fighting with each other in there. My overwhelming impression was kind of an IPA mixed with craison-juice, which sounds grosser than it tasted. I think I liked it, and would have it again, but it wasn't my favorite thing I've ever tasted. I'd rather have a Hopslam or a Belgian strong anyday, especially given how expensive this was. I'm going to hold off on rating it until I try a few more barleywines and get a sense of what they are.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Took the Barleywine plunge
Finally cracked the wax off the 3 Floyd's Behemoth (2008 edition) last night. Still haven't decided how I feel about it. Definitely not suffering from a lack of flavor...there are about 2 dozen flavors fighting with each other in there. My overwhelming impression was kind of an IPA mixed with craison-juice, which sounds grosser than it tasted. I think I liked it, and would have it again, but it wasn't my favorite thing I've ever tasted. I'd rather have a Hopslam or a Belgian strong anyday, especially given how expensive this was. I'm going to hold off on rating it until I try a few more barleywines and get a sense of what they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've tried barley wine. I did not like barley wine. It's the Hurricane of craft beers.
Do you mean Hurricane like the New Orleans drink or Hurricane like the 40 oz?
The latter.
Post a Comment