Oh, you've screwed me again BBC. Got a growler of the newly unveiled Bloomington Brewing Co. Belgian Pale Ale. The first disappointment was the pale-ness. Last spring they had a Belgian strong dark. The larger disappointment was the utter lack of any flavor beyond bland sugar water. Attempts to improve said taste with fruit yielded additionally poor results. This tasted like a Blue Moon that was dilluted down with water to feed to a 4 year old. Also has a slight "summer shandy" quality to it, and not in a good way. I deem thee swill. Lucky for me I still have 2/3's of a growler taunting me. In the meantime, I'm switching to something that has some semblance of flavor. 0.5/5
Query: What is the appropriate tipping policy for a growler? I've been struggling with this lately. On the one hand, I'm buying it and carrying it out, so it seems no tip should be necessary. On the other hand, the bartender is doing just as much if not more work than they would if I ordered a pint. I tend to compromise and leave a dollar or two, but it feels sub-optimal to me. Thoughts?
1 comment:
Why do you allow this brewery, like an unkind ill-intentioned cellmate, to continually take you from behind?
Post a Comment